If you will be moving sites during your stay, your new site may depend on some housekeeping arrangements. If this is the case, rest assured we will notify you as soon as possible.
Please feel free to verify your phone number with us to make sure we have the correct one on file, and we will call you as soon as your site is ready!
Yes, additional trailer parking is available in the back off-site. If you would like to park your trailer there temporarily, you are welcome to do so until 3pm. Please enter at the north end of the parking lot.
We are proud to be a campground with cabins for our guests, but unfortunately, pets are not allowed with our cabin rentals. We do not allow them in the cabins or in tents or vehicles outside the cabins.
We understand this may be frustrating for our pet-loving guests. Regrettably, we have had too many past issues to warrant allowing them with our cabin rentals.
Silver Lake State Park/Sand Dunes Information
You can reach Silver Lake State Park at 231-873-3083.
Both Silver Pointe General Store and the DNR ORV Welcome Center have ORV licenses and trail permits. However, please keep in mind that Silver Pointe accepts cash only, and although the Welcome Center accepts credit cards, they do not accept American Express. Finally, you can find passes at Silverback Offroad.
When you purchase an ORV license and trail permit, you get a sticker for each. Both are required for the ORV area. Current pricing is as follows:
ORV sticker: $26.25
Trail permit sticker: $10.00
Recreation Passports are required for the ORV area.
Here are the current prices for Recreation Passports when purchased at the state park:
Out-of-state: $34 for an annual pass
$9 for a daily pass
ORV flags are available at Silver Lake Buggy Rental, Silverback Offroad, and Duneland Offroad Center.
ORV flags range in cost from $25 to $32.
Parking lot vouchers are handed out on Fridays starting at 8am for Saturday parking and on Saturdays starting at 8am for Sunday parking (unless it’s a holiday).
If you intend to go on a tour or rent a dune buggy or other vehicle to take on the dunes, you may need to make reservations. Generally, it depends on the establishment:
Parrots Landing: Reservation required
Mac Woods: No reservation required for groups under 20
Silver Lake Buggy: Reservation recommended but not mandatory
You’ll find ATMs located at Parkside Store and Silver Pointe General Store.
The closest hardware store is:
Larson’s Ace Hardware
4 Lincoln Street
Hart, MI 49420
Cars are available for rent at Lake Shore Chrysler Vehicle Rental in Montague. Call 231-893-1945 or 877-282-8017.
Propane and propane refills are available at the following local establishments:
Excel Propane in Hart (fill)
Tractor Supply in Hart (fill)
Silver Creek RV Resort (fill)
Parkside Store (exchange only)
If you are 17 or older and you would like to fish in local lakes and rivers, you must first purchase a fishing license.
Licenses are available at many locations in the area, or you can purchase them online. Learn more about obtaining a fishing license.
Current pricing for fishing licenses is as follows:
Resident annual: $26
Nonresident annual: $76
Senior annual*: $11
24-hour (resident or nonresident): $10
72-hour (resident or nonresident): $30
*This includes residents 65 or older and residents who are legally blind
Remember, you must have a fishing license to fish if you are 17 or older.
Here are some of the best hot spots for fishing according to locals:
- Hart Bridge (on State St. between E. Main and Hilltop Dr.)
- Longbridge Rd. (the bridge boardwalk) in Pentwater
- Stony Lake
- Silver Lake State Park or the public access
- Charter fishing (Ludington)
Below are some more of the best fishing lakes and rivers in the area:
- Crystal Lake – Just south of Hart on 72nd Ave. This tree-lined lake is a great spot to hook Bluegill, Pumpkinseed, Smallmouth Bass and Largemouth Bass.
- Gilbert Lake – Just 2 miles east of Walkerville and completely surrounded by Manistee National Forest, this lake has panfish, Northern Pike, Largemouth Bass, and Smallmouth Bass.
- Hart Lake – In downtown Hart, Hart Lake features Walleye, Bluegill, Black Crappie, Yellow Perch, Northern Pike, and Sunfish. Whether in a boat or dropping a line off the bridge, this lake is a great spot to spend a morning.
- Lake Michigan – Drop in a line off the shore of Lake Michigan in the spring and fall to catch Steelhead.
- McLaren Lake – Just 4 miles north of Hesperia off 204th Ave., this lake has panfish, Northern Pike, Walleye, Largemouth Bass, and Smallmouth Bass.
- Pentwater River (and Pentwater Pier) – Just north of Hart and Silver Lake, fishing off the bridge or pier can bring in a wide variety of great fish.
- Round Lake – Just a few minutes northwest of Mears. With a little luck, you can hook Pumpkinseed, Bluegill, and Crappies in this quaint lake.
- School Section Lake – About 15 miles northeast of Hart in Colfax Township at 176th Ave. North of Jefferson. This remote lake has panfish, Northern Pike, Largemouth Bass, and Smallmouth Bass.
- Silver Lake – A great fishing hole for Walleye, Largemouth Bass, and Smallmouth Bass, Northern Pike, Bluegill, and Black Crappie — a great place to fish while you enjoy the scenic beauty of the dunes.
- North Branch Pentwater River – Catch Brook, Brown, and Rainbow Trout along with Steelhead.
- South Branch Pentwater River – Catch Brook and Brown Trout.
- Cedar Creek – Catch Brook and Brown Trout.
- Freeman Creek – Catch Brook and Brown Trout.
- North Branch White River – Catch Brook and Rainbow Trout.
- Stony Creek – Catch Brook Trout and Steelhead.
- Crystal Creek – Catch Brook Trout.
- South Branch Pere Marquette River – Catch Brown Trout.
- Hamlin Lake – Located 4 miles north of Ludington, Michigan, Hamlin Lake is another good fishing lake for Northern Pike, Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass, Tiger Muskie, Perch, Crappies, and Bluegill.